Friday 6 May 2011

The Prep before the Pre-dep

Hey there!

Welcome to my blog, and the unveiling of my first post! Over the next 4 months, this site will be the location of some of the events, thoughts and just overall musings from me as I experience everything Ghana has to offer and try to be the best JF I possibly can be.

I've waited quite a while to post this bad boy simply because I was not sure what I wanted to say in my introduction. There is so much going through my mind right now and it is tough to put it into words. What I do know is the past week or so has been really hectic, trying to get stuff organized and ready to go. I didn't realize it before but there is a LOT of stuff that I have to make sure is in order before pre-departure training. Like taxes. They suck. And courses. Is it just me, or is it hard to find registration info before the time period opens? Anyways, I'm getting a bit off track here.

How am I feeling? Well, there have been quite a bit of those flowing through me lately, let me tell you! When exams ended, the nerves hit for a few days. The common questions being, "Am I ready?" and "Can I do this?". In terms of my readiness, that is something that I have to categorize. Mentally, I think I am totally ready. I feel motivated and I am up for any challenge. Physically (as in packing) I am almost there, just working on those last few things. Over the last few days, by thinking about my readiness, my nerves have turned into excitement and anxiousness to be thrown in it! There comes a point where preperation has to end, and you just have to dive right in. Let's be serious, that's the only way you can grow.

All in all, I am stoked for the next months! It's going to be epic, and I hope you check in here once in a while and see what's up! :)

Later days,
Daniela

P.S. I called my blog "Let's Go Black Stars!" because the Black Stars are the national Ghanaian football (soccer) team... and I love soccer. Represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment